National Alliance for Accessible Golf
 
 
SiteMap   -   Home  

Toledo GAIN to expand in 2005

The Ability Center of Greater Toledo will expand Project GAIN to five communities in northwest Ohio during 2005. Each new site will be managed by a partnership between a local organization and local golf course staff.

Each local site will be responsible for recruiting, assessing and training a minimum of 10 mentors and 10 participants according to procedures established by Project GAIN.

The Ability Center will serve as the coordinating agency and recipient of the 2005 grant from the National Alliance for Accessible Golf at Indiana University to conduct the project.

Rick St. John will work full-time as the Northwest Ohio Regional Coordinator. His salary and benefits are paid by The Ability Center.

Rick will spend approximately 75% of his time with the five new sites providing technical assistance and assuring that local programs adhere to the curriculum and guidelines established by The National Alliance for Accessible Golf. The remaining 25% of his time will be spent with follow-up inclusion activities for the 2004 participants (Toledo area).

Each local coordinating organization will be the recipient of a sub-grant to implement the project at the locations listed below.

Local sites will plan specific follow-up activities to encourage involvement in inclusive golf activities beyond completion of golf lessons and assessment activities.

Sub grantees will be paid after 10 participants and 10 mentors complete the post evaluation activities. Local Coordinators will be encouraged to recruit participants with a wide variety of disabilities.

Each local site will be contracted to recruit and train 20 persons (10 participants and 10 mentors) , however, each site will recruit 24 persons to allow for attrition and assure reaching the total number of 100 participants.

Local coordinators are not responsible for paying local PGA or LPGA instructors' fees. They will be paid directly from the PGA.

Project GAIN - Northwest Ohio, 2005 sites:

Location Local Coordinator Local Golf Course PGA/LPGA Instructor
Findlay University of Findlay Hillcrest Golf Club Joe & Ed Clark
Bowling Green Wood County MRDD Forrest Creason Golf Club- BGSU Open
Defiance Open Kettenring Country Club Robert Truckor
Perrysburg Shady Oak Dunes Shady Oak Dunes Dave Sanford
Oak Harbor/Port Clinton Ottawa County MRDD Oak Harbor Golf Club Chuck Benes
Copyright ©2017

National Alliance for Accessible Golf
One World Golf Place
St. Augustine, FL 32092-2724
(904) 940-4204

Comments: info@accessgolf.org

National Alliance for Accessible Golf Accessibility Statement
Join Our Mailing List
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust

Twitter